Saturday, 12 January 2013

The Prayer Warrior

I really love this picture of my daughter Emma, it was taken at the altar at our church.  I really like it because it looks like she is praying, she's actually just trying to climb the steps trying to get to daddy, (hes a drummer).  BUT it does look like she's praying, and it makes me kinda emotional.  I have the responsibility to be an example to my daughter. To be a  woman of prayer, and a woman who trusts in God.  I have to show her and teach her to love God with all her heart, to worship him in spirit and truth, to live for Him.  

Train up a child in the way he should go: 
and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6

     I have been reading many blog posts about using natural light indoors, and how to properly take these photos especially if you have a dark home and not a lot of window light (which is my case) and it doesn't help that we painted our walls grey, so its especially hard to get all that wonderful natural light flooding in.  So I had to work with what I had.  I made it as dark as possible in the background, and brought some toys to the spot where I wanted Emma to play while I took some pictures (our front door).  I need practice, but these are the few I took (she had a fever at the time poor baby, but she's a tough cookie)


 I love those pictures that have the dramatic lighting, where the shadows are hugging the face just so, and its just perfect, I love that, and hope to master it one day.This picture below is an attempt.  Practice, practice, practice.
 Even with a fever, she's still a goofball. hehe
Sunday Snapshot, Simple Things, P52

13 comments:

Ruth Alvarez said...

She's so cute :)

Anonymous said...

That first and third photo (but particularly the first) just grabs me. Beautiful.

Seeing Each Day said...

That first and third photo (but particularly the first) just grabs me. Beautiful.

Katie@mummydaddyme said...

What beautiful pictures, and I love the black and white element.

Michelle said...

I love black and white photography and your subject is adorable!

Stephanie said...

What a great verse, and beautiful photos, too!

CQ| said...

That last photograph is super cute!

Natalie Reyes said...

Really great post! Love the pictures, so cool. The first and last one are so adorable.

Tamar SB said...

It's so sweet to watch children interact and learn about their religion in such natural and comfortable ways! Not to mention she is gorgeous!

helen said...

aw, what a privilege to be able to raise your child up in the ways of the Lord!!! i am sure you are and will continue to be a wonderful example of Christ to her.

Sharon said...

What a cutie! I know what you mean about prayer. Nothing more important when it comes to our children! You are capturing the light beautifully! Good job!

Marlo RepurposeMyLife said...

capturing expression of your children is one of the best parts about being behind a camera! she's adorable!

packmom said...

They turned out great! I have the same problem in my house with very little natural light and I hate using the flash so I get blurry or grainy pictures a lot. Blah!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...